[Getconnected] BTU wins prestigious award

Getconnected with Bryan, TX getconnected at bryantx.gov
Tue Mar 24 14:01:05 CDT 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 24, 2009

 City of Bryan Contact:

April Saginor

Communications Director

979.209.5120

asaginor at bryantx.gov

BTU wins prestigious award

Bryan Texas Utilities (BTU) recently was named among 60 public power
utilities to earn Reliable Public Power Provider (RP3(r)) recognition
from the American Public Power Association. The designation commends BTU
for providing consumers with the highest degree of reliable and safe
electric service. Paul Allen, vice president of engineering at
Nashville, Tenn., Electric Service and chair of APPA's RP3 Review Panel,
presented the designees on March 23, during the association's annual
Engineering and Operations Technical Conference in Austin.

"RP3 designees are shining examples of excellence in utility
operations," Allen said. "These utilities are providing their
communities with a high level of reliable and safe service while
focusing on future improvements."

The RP3 award recognizes public power utilities that demonstrate
proficiency in four key disciplines: reliability, safety, workforce
development and system improvement. Criteria within each category are
based on sound business practices and represent a utility-wide
commitment to safe and reliable delivery of electricity.

"We're thrilled to join the ranks of RP3 designees around the country,"
said Dan Wilkerson, General Manager of BTU. "Our goal is to deliver
exceptional service, with reliable and competitively priced electricity.
This is a highly qualified independent source saying we have done our
job well. This recognition is a testament to the dedication and the
quality of work of our employees."

This is the fourth year that the RP3 award has been offered. APPA is the
national organization representing more than 2,000 not-for-profit,
community- and state- owned electric utilities.

Since 1909, BTU has prided itself on superior customer service while
keeping energy prices low. BTU is a consumer-owned electric utility
serving customers in Brazos, Burleson and Robertson counties. Currently,
BTU generates electricity at its Dansby power plant, located north of
Bryan, and the Atkins plant near downtown Bryan.

Additional Contact Information

Bob Wheeler

Public Information Officer

 (830) 822-2326